Looking for a way to ramp up your workouts? Maybe you’ve gotten in a rut, or maybe you’re just looking for a challenge. Either way, here are 3 group fitness classes that will challenge you and leave you dog tired.
Cardio Kickboxing Group Fitness Class
- Cardio Kickboxing group fitness classes can be varied, but they generally involve kicking and punching moves choreographed in a fast-paced, high intensity workout.
- This group fitness class helps improve your balance and will massively improve your core muscles. Don’t be surprised if your abs are in pain after your first class, even though you didn’t do a single crunch.
- Cardio Kickboxing is a great group class for anyone who enjoys intense, fast-paced workouts.
- These classes are structured and intense (just like bootcamp!) They offer a challenge to someone at any fitness level.
- They generally use a lot of body weight exercises and alternate between periods of cardio training and strength training.
- It’s a great workout for people who need a bit more motivation in completing a full workout. If you’re finding yourself slacking off in your recent workouts, a boot camp style class might be just what you need to get back into the groove.
- Expect to be tired after a bootcamp class, no matter how fit you are. These classes meet you at your fitness level and then push you as far as you can go.
H.I.I.T. Group Fitness Class
- H.I.I.T. stands for High Intensity Interval Training. This workout will alternate between a period requiring a high level of exertion, and a period of less exertion.
- H.I.I.T. is perfect for a group class setting. Healthy competition among class participants helps push you to your limit. You’ll need that motivation to get through a H.I.I.T. class.
- The bonus of this workout is that you can easily track your progress. Keep a record of how many times you complete a certain exercise in a given time frame and then record your progress. Watching your repitions increase is a great way to keep your motivation up.
- Yet another plus is that you can do a modified version of this workout when you travel. You can get a great H.I.I.T. workout just about anywhere!
- Staying physically fit is mostly a matter of staying motivated. You should always enjoy what you’re doing to stay in shape, and sometimes that means changing things up and trying something new. Trying one of these group fitness classes will challenge you, and might just be the motivation you need to get fit.