So you have a busy lifestyle and work schedule, and you just can’t find time to fit exercise in. Or so you think. The reality is this: it’s a lot easier to fit exercise each day than you think. You do not have to do it all at once. You can break up your routine and still get some great benefits. Here are some tips on how to fit exercise into even the busiest lifestyles.
- Be as active as possible. Instead of taking the elevator, take the stairs. Park further away from your work, or get off at the bus stop a block or two away from your office.
- Workout first during lunch. On your lunch break, hit the gym. Then eat at your desk when you return.
- Take a short walk. If you do not have a gym near your work, put on your walking shoes and go for a brisk walk.
- Get up early and exercise. Set your alarm for 30 minutes before anyone else gets up and walk on the treadmill, or pop in an exercise DVD.
- Take frequent breaks. Take short breaks at work and do a few exercises. You can do squats and lunges anywhere. Make time to also walk around and stretch your body.
- Play with your kids. Run around with them. Not only will you be spending quality time with them that they will remember, but you are also getting in some great exercise.
Exercise does not necessarily have to mean pump iron or get sweaty on the exercise bike. There are lots of ways that you can fit exercise into your schedule.