Want to improve your health while eating something sweet? Who doesn’t. The following 5 fruit choices are not only great tasting, but are also considered “super foods.” They are packed with good nutrition, and provide numerous health benefits.
- Apples – Rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, vitamin C, fiber and potassium. Linked to improvement in heart health, prevention of lung cancer and type II diabetes.
- Apricots – Apricots are sweet tasting fruits that are rich in beta-carotene and lycopene. Both of these work to combat atherosclerosis and various other cardiovascular diseases.
- Blueberries – Often ignored because they are not rich in vitamin C, blueberries are packed with antioxidant phytonutrients. These phytonutrients have been shown to improve intra-cellular “communication”, helping to reduce cellular mutations and the spread of cancer cells.
- Kiwi – Research on kiwi consumption reveals that it may be beneficial in reducing asthma related symptoms such as wheezing and shortness of breath.
- Oranges – Known for being rich in vitamin C, oranges can work to prevent cancer, improve heart health, prevent strokes, cancer, diabetes and more.