Muscle soreness can be debilitating. We’ve experienced workouts that have left us feeling completely immobile due to muscle soreness, or DOMS. (Delayed onset muscle soreness)
Here are some tips to relieve muscle soreness, so you can get back into the gym and building muscle or burning calories again.
- Hot Baths – A long, hot bath will not only help loosen stiff muscles, but is also extremely relaxing.
- Active Recovery – Get out and move. Perform some very light forms of exercise that drive blood to the muscles.
- Massage – Who doesn’t like a nice deep tissue massage?
- RICE – No, not the food. RICE stands for: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.
- Stretching – Perform a few 10-15 minute stretching sessions each day.