Welcome to another year of Camp KidZone at the nZone. This will be an exciting year as we have the opportunity to impact a whole community.
Started in 2012 when a group of people at New Life Christian Church wanted to help provide food and other support for children in the Meadows Community, this has become a wonderful experience for both the nZone and Meadows Community. Hundreds of children and families have been positively impacted by the Camp and other activities the nZone and New Life Christian Church have partnered with for the Meadows Community.
What will you be doing?
Simply put, you are putting on a summer camp for children in grades k-6 from the Meadows Community.
Our number one desire is for children to experience a caring, nurturing atmosphere where they have fun and hear about an opportunity to experience life beyond their wildest dreams.
That is why it is our hope that you will work with our Camp Interns and Supervisors to providing that fun, caring atmosphere for the children. That means:
- You come alongside of them and help them connect and get them involved. Look for the “outsider” or the one in the corner who isn’t engaged to help get them involved.
- You provide a friendly face for children to look forward
- You seek to put your interests aside and help the children have a wonderful experience.
- You be flexible as things could change from day to day
- You have fun doing this
Camp is every Monday, Wednesday and Friday starting June 18th and ending August 17th. Camp will be held at the nZone on Mondays and Fridays but then on Wednesday they will be held at the Meadows Community. Please report to the nZone on Wednesdays and we will go over together.
Camp is run from 12 noon to 3 pm. Volunteers report at 11 am to go over the day and assignments. Volunteers can leave at 3:30 pm.
A day in the life of Camp would look like this:
- 11 am: Volunteers Report and Get Organized
- 11:45-12:00 noon: Campers start coming to nZone
- 12:00 pm: Campers on field playing and interacting with Volunteers
- 12:30 pm: Lunch
- 1:00 pm: Breakout into 3 groups – field, Party Room, Meeting Room 1
- 2:30 pm: Wrap up on field
- 3:00 pm: Campers go home
Possible field trips
- Air & space museum
- Swimming (at the community center)
- Petting Zoo (Reston)
- Phoenix Elite gym
We will also do two volunteer luncheons for team bonding and you will get a Camp Volunteer t-shirt to wear each day at camp.
If you have any questions or want to sign up to help, contact us here.