Adult Fitness Gym Memberships start as low as $30/month
As one of Northern Virginia’s most versatile fitness centers, The nZone offers a wide range of fitness classes throughout the week. Our regular schedule is listed below, but you can always double check on a specific class on our daily schedule.
Have questions about an adult fitness class? Contact our Director of Group Fitness Classes.
Fitness Class Descriptions:
- Absolute Strength: For anyone who is looking to sculpt, tone and strengthen their body, this class is for you. Using barbells and weights, you will build strength and endurance while lifting to the beat of great music. In each class, you will target every major muscle group all while torching calories and having a great time.
- Barre: An upbeat, fun, and challenging class combining ballet inspired movement, pilates, yoga, and light cardio. This class utilizes the ballet barre, a small ball, and light weights to lengthen and sculpt your body.
- Barre Flow: The harmonious combination of yoga and barre will allow you to reach deeper into your poses and help develop strength and flexibility. Barre Flow targets the muscles in the core, glutes and thighs in a very different way—incorporating specific movements to sculpt and lengthen the muscles, AND with your newfound strength/flexibility/balance, your entire yoga practice will improve…allowing you to come into every pose deeper and stronger.
- Barre Fusion: Get the best of both worlds by doing Pilates Barre! This class will be a fusion of the Barre technique and traditional Pilates exercises.
- Bolly X: BollyX is a Bollywood-inspired dance-fitness program that combines dynamic choreography with the hottest music from around the world. Its 50-minute cardio workout cycles between higher and lower-intensity dance sequences to get you moving, sweating, and smiling. At the very core of a BollyX workout is the inspiration it draws from the music and dance of Bollywood, the film industry of India. We embody the infectious energy, expression and movement of Bollywood and aim to expand the reach of fitness to more people worldwide.
- HIIT: The ultimate fat burning and body sculpting workout. Using timed segments of both cardio, strength, and core training, this class will maximize your calories burned, and firm and strengthen your entire body.
- Interval Jam: Interval training gets new life in this music-driven, full-body workout. Alternating high-intensity and low-intensity intervals, you will get an effective workout that goes by fast and best of all, keeps working for you for hours after you leave the gym! Traditional, timed interval work will be combined with rhythmic intervals determined by the tempo and structure of heart-pumping music from multiple decades and genres. Come rock out, have fun, work hard, and give your metabolism a boost!
- Just Dance: The fun of the Latin-inspired dance party you already love…with a new name. A mix of high and low impact moves makes this fun cardio conditioning class feel like you’re not even “work”ing out but you’ll definitely see the results!
- Kettlebell: Kettlebell will help swing all of your fitness efforts into high gear! This simple but dynamic piece of equipment brings functional training that will improve almost every aspect of your fitness. Through compound exercises, you will work multiple muscle groups simultaneously in order to develop power, core strength, and muscular endurance, all with a highly efficient calorie burn. Get ready for a heart-pumping workout!
- Kick-n-chisel: Get ready to kick and punch your way to a fitter you! This hybrid Cardio kickboxing and muscle sculpting working will increase stamina, improve coordination and flexibility, and burn calories as you build lean muscle.
- Maxed Out: Sports-inspired workout for building strength and stamina. This high-energy interval training class combines athletic aerobic movements with strength and stabilization exercises. With strength and conditioning focused days, this class is for anyone from the weekend athlete to the hard-core competitor.
- Pilates: This mat-based workout is based on techniques developed by Joseph Pilates, which concentrated work on core strength, body alignment, and muscular balance. All skill levels welcome in this fun and engaging workout.
- POUND: The world’s first cardio jam session inspired by the energizing and sweat-dripping fun of playing the drums. Pound is a full-body drumming workout that uniquely combines cardio, conditioning, and strength training with yoga and Pilates-inspired moves using lightly weighted drumsticks.
- REFIT®: Movement + music. Fun moves to great music that fits everyone! Novice or expert, you’ll have so much fun, you’ll completely forget that you’re working out!
- Tabata Fusion: Want to get a full body workout before the day even begins? Using short timed intervals of intense exercise followed by a brief rest, the Tabata technique provides a full body workout that has been shown to improve cardio output, burn fat, and protect muscle tissue! Strength conditioning, cardio, and core are all covered in this class, designed for all fitness levels. Start the morning off right!
Total Body Circuits: This is a fast-paced class designed to strengthen every muscle group while also elevating the heart rate and improving cardiovascular endurance. By quickly moving from one exercise to the next,Total Body Circuits will challenge both your body and mind by consistently varying the exercises and equipment used.
- Turbo Kick: Turbo Kick LIVE combines traditional kickboxing moves with intense interval training for an unbelievable calorie burn. You’ll have a blast getting into knockout shape—learning hard-hitting combos and edgy dance moves while torching fat and carving lean muscle in the most empowering class you’ve ever taken! No bags, no gloves, just results!
- Yoga: In Vinyasa Yoga, we link breath to movement, while emphasizing strengthening and stretching. You will learn to find a balance between effort and ease in each pose, and come away feeling de-stressed, aligned, and refreshed in mind, body, and spirit! All fitness levels welcome.
- Zumba: An exercise class in disguise, Zumba takes the “work” out of workout by combining all elements of fitness – cardio, conditioning, balance, and flexibility in one calorie-burning, Latin-inspired dance, fitness party! With a mixture of high and low-intensity moves, this class is designed for everybody!
- Zumba Toning: Combines Latin-inspired dance and fitness to target strength training for arms, abs, legs, and thighs.
In addition to the classes listed above, which are free for members, The nZone offers several other programs and classes. These following programs do include additional fees.
Adrenaline Bootcamp, powered by The nZone, is designed to help increase strength, speed, power, and cardiovascular endurance in a challenging, fun, and welcoming group atmosphere! It’s much more than the typical boot camps or large group HIIT fitness class. Our nationally certified Bootcamp Instructors help members of all fitness abilities and ages develop their skills in creative classes designed to be different each time!
A Bootcamp style class designed for any female looking to challenge themselves and test their limits. Become a part of a community of women who support and encourage each other! This program also offers outside events and opportunities to build relationships and contribute to a team environment. Children are welcome on the field!
The CrossFit program is scalable for all levels of fitness, regardless of ability or experience. It’s a strength and conditioning workout that uses your own bodyweight for resistance to build power all over. Workouts feature constantly varied movements performed at high intensity and/or high volume. It’s more than a fitness style…it’s a community. Join today and start with the Foundations Class.
Foundations is a 4-day program to get new athletes prepared for CrossFit classes. The program consists of (4) one hour classes for just $50. Completion of the Foundations course is required before athletes can take CrossFit Group Classes to ensure the safety of all participants. Scheduling is done by appointment only. Please contact our Director of Fitness & CrossFit for more information.
“I joined The nZone last October at a friend’s urging, and I’m really happy. I started out doing Zumba on Saturdays with Tolkila, which I love. The real difference though was when Travis started teaching Maxed Out on Tuesday and Thursday. That class has dramatically changed my fitness level and enthusiasm. He continues to change it up every few weeks. Last week I was off for the Fourth of July, and tried yoga and Pilates. I just loved the yoga. Trish is fantastic. Anytime I am off work on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday I will take that class. Travis also emailed me a personalized workout plan for my arms and shoulders, so I fit that in before or after classes when I can.”
“So I decided to try the Zumba class and there were lots of people, men and women, but it wasn’t overcrowded. Brittani, the instructor, and her friend Ashley, were so fun and upbeat. They made the class so much fun! It was definitely a tough workout but, hey, I used to dance that much at a club and paid a lot more for the cover charge! I had so much fun, I decided to buy a membership. Only $30 for a month to month membership! There are lots of classes to choose from; my membership will definitely be put to great use. And each family member you add on is less expensive. Such a great deal!”
“Following a traumatic brain injury, I had been suffering from lack of coordination, poor balance and a whole lot more. I joined The nZone, as soon as it opened and was under the impression that it would just be like other gyms I had joined in the past; and that I’d probably not see any improvements in my condition. After about a year of taking classes at The nZone, not only do I feel better physically and emotionally; but also my balance and overall condition has improved dramatically. The terrific instructors and staff are very accommodating and readily available.”
Ready to try out a class? Sign up for our free week pass to experience The nZone today!
Marketing and SEO by Local SEO a Local SEO Services company.